Re: Why apache do not respct charset on web page ?

On Wednesday 04 July 2007, Vladimir Strycek wrote:
> In www page is

That tag is information for the *browser* on how to *de*code the page... You
could try to set apache up to send a Content-Type header, and omit the <meta>
tag. I doubt that would change anything though. I also think it's possible
that you need a capital W.

Are you sure you want to use an old windows code page in the internet at all ?
I think UTF-8  is a better choice, and Wikipedia agrees with me
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows-1250>

--
      Regards,                       Thomas Jollans
GPG key: 0xF421434B may be found on various keyservers, eg pgp.mit.edu
Hacker key <http://hackerkey.com/>:
v4sw6+8Yhw4/5ln3pr5Ock2ma2u7Lw2Nl7Di2e2t3/4TMb6HOPTen5/6g5OPa1XsMr9p-7/-6