Re: Why apache do not respct charset on web page ?

> Am 2007-07-04 10:13:39, schrieb Karl E. Jorgensen:
> > HTML Meta tags are generally discouraged in favour proper HTTP headers.
> > If the HTTP header says one thing, and the HTML document says something
> > else, what's a browser to do?

HTML standard says that HTTP headers should be preferred over <META> tags.
Mozilla follows this standard, M$IE (of coures) does not and prefers <META>.
I'm not sure about opera.

On 13.07.07 17:01, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> HTML Meta Tags can not be discuraged, because otherwise 90%
> of all multilingual Websites would not more work.

exactly. The problem is the fact that informations are in conflict, not that
they appear in either place.

AFAIK <META> was originally designed for HTTP to read it and provide its
content. But as many HTML's are broken, and reading of them is some CPU work
and inefficienty, they do not do that (well, maybe they do, but I don't know
of any)

> (I am using currently 86 languages on one of my Main-Sites)

> Configure Apache to NOT SEND the language header.

ack.

I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol.