Re: unbale to do dhclient after MAC change (ifconfig eth1 hw ether XX:XX..)

Wayne Topa wrote:

> Jabka Atu(mashrom.head@gmail.com) is reported to have said:
>
>> Hello,..
>>
>> im using debian SID (64 bit) on Acer 5102.
>> using bcm4318 wifi card.
>> kernel 2.6.21-2-amd64
>>

> That is a driver for a Broadcom card.
>
>> since i noticed that my local AP started to collected data about my serf
>> i guesed it is time to play with MAC masquerade.
>>
>> i have compiled the madwifi module .
>> and loaded it.
>>

> Madwifi is a driver for Atheros Cards _not_ Broadcom cards.
>
> As I do not use any Broadcom cards, I suggest you use google and
> search for your card model and linux.  Note the Model number of your
> card.

i acdently left some data wrong (since when i was writing the thread i
was complining maswifi)
Im using BCM43XX module

when reading dmesg i found :

bcm43xx: PHY connected
bcm43xx: Microcode rev 0x127, pl 0xe (2005-04-18  02:36:27)
bcm43xx: Radio turned on
bcm43xx: Radio enabled by hardware
bcm43xx: ASSERTION FAILED (radio_attenuation < 10) at:
drivers/net/wireless/bcm43xx/bcm43xx_phy.c:1484:bcm43xx_find_lopair()
bcm43xx: ASSERTION FAILED (radio_attenuation < 10) at:
drivers/net/wireless/bcm43xx/bcm43xx_phy.c:1484:bcm43xx_find_lopair()
bcm43xx: ASSERTION FAILED (radio_attenuation < 10) at:
drivers/net/wireless/bcm43xx/bcm43xx_phy.c:1484:bcm43xx_find_lopair()
bcm43xx: Chip initialized
bcm43xx: 32-bit DMA initialized
bcm43xx: Keys cleared
bcm43xx: Selected 802.11 core (phytype 2)
bcm43xx: ASSERTION FAILED (radio_attenuation < 10) at:
drivers/net/wireless/bcm43xx/bcm43xx_phy.c:1484:bcm43xx_find_lopair()
bcm43xx: set security called, .level = 0, .enabled = 0, .encrypt = 0

the strange thing that it works in 32 bit and not 64 bit