Re: OT: knoppix memtest powers off after 35 mins

Kent West wrote:

> OT for Debian, but you folks are knowledgeable ...
>

> Running memtest86 from a Knoppix LiveCD on an HP pavilion ze4400 laptop.
> No errors, but the laptop powers off consistently after about 35 minutes
> of testing.

I am no expert in this area. To understand the problem better, could you
tell me, if you are using anything like acpi and/or X? I would try the
following.

1) Disable acpi etc., I think you can do this by entering acpi=off at the
boot prompt.
2) Disable X and run memtest from command line.

Also what version of knoppix CD are you using?

raju
--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
http://malayamaarutham.blogspot.com/