Re: Configuring for skype

andy wrote:
Hi all

I have recently downloaded and installed Skype onto my lenny system and when I am configuring it by making a test call, apparently there is a problem with my sound system. I have gone through the various options in the Skype settings, but am wondering if there is something that I should be doing with respect to my soundcard.

Has anyone any experience with Skype to let me know what I am overlooking?

Cheers

check alsamixer >>F4 >> mark your capture device (mic) by highlighting, using arrows, then spacebar. what version of skype? what type of soundcard? some versions did not like my OSS soundcard, I'm using the latest static version.