Re: FileSystem Question

Hi Douglas,

On 6/30/07, Douglas Allan Tutty <dtutty@porchlight.ca> wrote:

See the apt descriptions for subversion and cvs.  From the description
of cvs:
        CVS is a version control system, which allows you to keep old
        versions of files (usually source code), keep a log of who,
        when, and why changes occurred, etc.

<snip>

The whole cvs sits on top of a regular file system.  There's nothing
preventing root from directly editing a file owned by cvs.

Thanks for explaining Doug. I ain't got the time right now to check this
out in detail, but at first glance it surely looks useful to me.

Greetings, Manon.