FileSystem Question

Hi,

On my Debian GNU/Linux box I use ext3 file system. On my other platform
(AmigaOS) I use SmartFileSystem (SFS). Well, I don't know nothing about
file systems, but SFS has one feature I really miss in ext3: ".recycled".

Every file I delete or every file I overwrite, ends up in .recycled. This is very
useful when eg. retrieving a document (or every other file that gets overwritten
multiple times).

Eg: Say that I'm writing "my_doc" using OOo. When I save it for the first time,
it will be written to disk. When I save it the second time, the first copy will be
moved to .recycled where it gets a hex nr appended (eg: my_doc$AAA) and
the new version will be saved to disk.
So when I save my_doc five times, 4 copies end up in .recycled (my_doc$AAA,
my_doc$AAB, my_doc$AAC, my_doc$AAD). But I could easily save my_doc
a thousand times, and all copies end up in .recycled (well, actually, the max
number of copies .recycled stores depend on the settings but the limit is over
32,000).

Now after saving for the fifth time, I realize that I had accidentally deleted some
vital info. How can I retrieve that? I just open eg. .recycled/my_doc$AAB, copy
the info that was not deleted at that time and paste it in my current doc.

Now here's my question: Is there a file system for GNU/Linux with a similar
feature? I would at least like to have my ~ partition to use such a file system.

Greetings, Manon.