Re: The Perfect Linux gaming Box

Orestes leal wrote:
Hi Folks,

I want that some of the members of the group comments something
about hard core gaming boxes under Linux, what kind of configuration
I need to play *ALL* Titles and *ALL* forms of games, 3d games like
Doom3, etc in linux with a performance closely like win32 and DirectX.

NOTE: CPU, VGA, MEMORY, etc.

Best,
Orestes.

I'm running an Asus A8n-SLI, Athlon X2 4600+, an Nvidia 7800 GTX 512Mb, 2 gigs of RAM, and using the Nvidia drivers with Debian unstable. I play True Combat Elite once in a blue moon. It's a total conversion mod for Enemy Territory that has hi resolution textures and HDR lighting added. I can run the game 1600x1200 and all the details turned up to the maximum with nary a slowdown. I tried the Doom 3 demo at 1600x1200 and max details with no problems whatsoever. Google earth runs wicked fast, with all the details turned up, as well.