Kernel Header Information

Hi,

I am a new Linux user and I have the Debian distribution (2.6.18-4-686) installed via the internet using a few floppy disks to perform the initial boot up. I am now trying to install a VPN client on my computer and during the installation procedure the installer asks for the kernel header files. I could not find them in /usr/src nor did the following command find any files (with various permutations):

find / -name '*kernel-header*' -print

Please let me know as to what I need to do to get these header files. Thank you.

Nirmal