Re: looking for a backup package

never used it but bacula can do all three (with native clients afaik
for every OS)

personally i stick with amanda windows hosts are backed up thru a
mounted CIFS share

On 6/26/07, Miles Fidelman <mfidelman@meetinghouse.net> wrote:
Miles Fidelman wrote:
> I run a couple of Debian servers running in a computer center.  I'd
> like to set something up to allow me to back up my home machines to
> those servers - you know, something like mozy or jungledisk but using
> my own server.
>
> Has anybody come across a remote backup package that's as easy to use
> as this new crop of hosted services?  (Seems like things like Amanda
> are pretty difficult to set up, for example).
I guess I should add that the machines I want to back up are a mixed
collection of Linux, Windows, and Mac - so I'm looking for a solution
that can backup/restore Mac files in all their gory details.

Miles