Re: looking for a backup package

On Tue, Jun 26, 2007 at 09:27:25AM -0400, Miles Fidelman wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I run a couple of Debian servers running in a computer center.  I'd like
> to set something up to allow me to back up my home machines to those
> servers - you know, something like mozy or jungledisk but using my own
> server.
>
> Has anybody come across a remote backup package that's as easy to use as
> this new crop of hosted services?  (Seems like things like Amanda are
> pretty difficult to set up, for example).

Although you think it's difficult to set up, I'd still recommend amanda.

Even if it is a difficult setup (config file, tape labelling, clients
software on clients) it's definitely workable. And after than you're
only stuck with changing tapes...

--
Karl E. Jorgensen
karl@jorgensen.org.uk  http://www.jorgensen.org.uk/