Re: problems with radeon driver (solved)

Marcelo Chiapparini wrote:
On Sat, 2007-06-23 at 10:47 +0800, Bob wrote:
Marcelo Chiapparini wrote:
On Mon, 2007-06-18 at 14:26 -0300, Marcelo Chiapparini wrote:

8< snip radeon problems with xorg driver glx module

Mmm, I use glx on 3 different radeons, what page suggested that was the problem?

what kind of radeon are they? the problem seems to be with the amd64
port. I didn't keep the page, sorry. Only the message regarding the glx
module. But the prove is that now, with out the glx module loaded, I can
use the system.

Ahh, I live in a 32bit universe, and have 3 RV250s, 3 RV280s and an R350 in various PCs.

When the screen freezes is it just the screen? Can you ssh in and have a look at x log?

when freezes, the only way to go out is with a hard reboot, which takes
you to another screen which freezes again... Mouse works, but I can do
anything. x log shows nothing...

Oh, that's unhelpful of it, if you have a spare partition on the disk you could put a 32bit install on it to help confirm that the problem is with the 64bit version. Glad the OS drivers are working for you, gives you a warm fuzzy feeling don't it.

--
Garrr, do your bit for global warming, become a pirate, you can "borrow" my copy of Windows 95 if you want.