Re: time zone

Incoming from j j:
> >See /etc/default/rcS
>
> rcS is supposed to check /etc/localtime or
> /usr/share/zoneinfo/US/Eastern.  I dont have those files.  Can I
> generate those files with a text editor?

Weird.  No, those come in (or are created by?) the tzdata package.

   aptitude update && aptitude install tzdata

ought to do it.  Also consider ntp-simple.  This is Etch here.  I
don't know what Lenny and Sid are up to wrt this, and ymmv.  These
have been mobile in recent years (this package, then this package,
then ...).

- -