Re: time zone

On 6/25/07, Daniel James <daniel@64studio.com> wrote:
Hi jj,

> The time on my desktop is set to UTC.  I'll like to read it EST.  Is there
> something as simple as dpkg-reconfigure timezone ?

Even easier, you can right click on the clock in Gnome and select Adjust
Date & Time :-)

> I installed datetimeconf

It might be best to uninstall that, it could just be interfering with
time-admin.

> Also, time-admin consistently crashes.

I'm afraid I can't reproduce that in the 64 Studio testing branch, it
works fine for me. It's got a very cool interactive world map for
selecting time zones.

Cheers!

Daniel

I remove datetimeconf.   I am not sure if all gnome packages are
installed.  I use xfce as my default desktop.  I probably am
contributing to the problem by choosing and picking packages.  So, if
gnome isnt fully or properly installed then time-admin might be
crashing when I try to 'Adjust date & time' and you wouldn't be able
to replicate it.

I know all of this work fine when i installed 64studio ver. 1.0 and 1.1