Re: how to find the specs of a monitor

Kamaraju S Kusumanchi <kamaraju@bluebottle.com>:
>  Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Jun 20, 2007 at 07:56:01PM -0400, Kamaraju S Kusumanchi wrote:
> >>
> >> It is not stupid at all. The problem is that I do not know the model of
> >> this monitor. All it says on the LCD panel is that it is a Dell monitor.
> >> There is no other information like model number etc.,
> >
> > nothing on the back or bottom or anywhere?
> > okay. do this
> >
> > X -configure
>
>  When I run
>
>  X -configure
>
>  The Xorg.0.log is about 20 Kb. Since it is a bit big, I uploaded it to
>  http://kamaraju.googlepages.com/Xorg.0.log_20070621.txt

Hey Kamaraju.  I can't see anything useful in there.  I'd suggest
hwinfo, but no telling if it would see the second monitor and report
it.  Might be worth a try anyway?

I think your best bet is that "read EDID" suggestion.  Too bad you
can't just hook it up to another box and boot Knoppix.  That'd sort it
out soon enough.  Bon chance.  :-P

(*)    http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling          Linux Counter #80292