Re: how to find the specs of a monitor

Kamaraju S Kusumanchi wrote:
Mike McCarty wrote:

[...]

I think that the read-edid is informative, but wanted a more
complete dump. Today is the first I heard of it. But, in any case, I am working on a program to dump everything in it.
If you need a prelim. version, I can shoot you source, or
an executable. Contact me off-list.

You mean you are working on a standalone program which gives complete info
of the monitor specs? or you are working on a program which extracts
information from read-edid and then gives the specs of the monitor? Sorry,

It takes the output of read-edid and dumps it in more-or-less human
format.

you got me lost with the above paragraph. In any case, I would appreciate
if you can email the source and the executable.

On its way under separate cover. Remember, this is a preliminary
program which simply runs as a filter. No error checks. No fancy
comments. Just plunge on and do something. If read-edid doesn't get
the info, then this program can't do any more for you. I just wanted
more info from the output.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.