Re: how to find the specs of a monitor

Kamaraju S Kusumanchi wrote:
I am trying to setup a dual screen from a laptop with another LCD monitor.
However, this new monitor came without any manuals, documentation etc., I
know that it is working but I just dont know the specs. How can I find out
what its Horizontal frequency and vertical refresh rates etc. are, so that
I input them into the monitor section of xorg.conf file?

If it matters, the laptop as such runs Etch (stable).

Any ideas?

You got some useful info, but seemingly can't read the specs.
I suggest you connect it as your *only* monitor, and use the
EDID info from it.

I think that the read-edid is informative, but wanted a more
complete dump. Today is the first I heard of it. But, in any
case, I am working on a program to dump everything in it.
If you need a prelim. version, I can shoot you source, or
an executable. Contact me off-list.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.