Re: problem with fuse-utils ( ntfs-3g )

On Mon, Jun 18, 2007 at 05:48:31PM +0200, tombs <tombs2000@gmail.com> was heard to say:
> E: I wasn't able to locate file for the fuse-utils package. This might mean
> you need to manually fix this package.
> E: Couldn't lock list directory..are you root?

  If you're using aptitude 0.4.4-4 (which you probably are in lenny),
you should be warned that when this version encounters an error at
certain points in the install process, it prints totally spurious
errors about being unable to lock the list directory.

  The real error here is the previous line: fuse-utils is in a bad,
inconsistent state.  You can probably fix it by running dpkg -i on
the deb by hand.

  Daniel