Re: problem with fuse-utils ( ntfs-3g )

Bob

Thanks for your reply! ;)
Well, I cannot do anything with this package. I really don't understand.

Manhattan:/home/tombs# aptitude purge fuse-utils
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading extended state information
Initializing package states... Done
Reading task descriptions... Done
Building tag database... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  fuse-utils{p}
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 232 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B of archives. After unpacking 201kB will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n/?] y
Writing extended state information... Done
dpkg: error processing fuse-utils (--purge):
 Package is in a very bad inconsistent state - you should
 reinstall it before attempting a removal.
 fuse-utils
A package failed to install.  Trying to recover:
===================================
Manhattan:/home/tombs# aptitude reinstall fuse-utils
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading extended state information
Initializing package states... Done
Reading task descriptions... Done
Building tag database... Done
The following packages will be REINSTALLED:
  fuse-utils
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 reinstalled, 0 to remove and 232 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B of archives. After unpacking 0B will be used.
Writing extended state information... Error!
E: I wasn't able to locate file for the fuse-utils package. This might mean you need to manually fix this package.
E: Couldn't lock list directory..are you root?
====================================
Manhattan:/home/tombs# aptitude install fuse-utils
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading extended state information
Initializing package states... Done
Reading task descriptions... Done
Building tag database... Done
The following NEW packages will be automatically installed:
  libfuse2
  libfuse2
  fuse-utils
1 packages upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 232 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B/118kB of archives. After unpacking 131kB will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n/?] y
Writing extended state information... Done
dpkg: error processing fuse-utils (--remove):
 Package is in a very bad inconsistent state - you should
 reinstall it before attempting a removal.
 fuse-utils
A package failed to install.  Trying to recover:

Do you have any other idea please?

On 6/16/07, Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> wrote:
tombs wrote:
> rFR fuse-utils               2.6.3-2 Filesystem in USErspace (utilities)

The "rFR" means removed, Failed-config, Reinst-required.

> dpkg: error processing fuse-utils (--remove):
> Package is in a very bad inconsistent state - you should
> reinstall it before attempting a removal.

That seems reasonable.  Please do that.

> Does anyone know what can I do do solve it please?

Try doing exactly what the error message suggested.  Try reinstalling
the package.  That should get things back into a consistent state.

  sudo apt-get install --reinstall fuse-utils

Bob