DPMS working again after X updates on Lenny

I'd commented out the "options  DPMS" line in my xorg.conf, so that the
monitor wouldn't keep going into standby mode every 30mins or so, and up to
last nights updates, (including a load of X stuff) this had been working ok.

This morning after installing all the updates, I rebooted the machine, just to
make sure everything was still ok with Lenny, and now I find that the monitor
is again going into standby after some 30mins or so. The "options DPMS" line
is still commented out, but appears to be being ignored.

I read a while back that xorg.conf was being deprecated, and would no longer
be necessary. If that is so, and these x updates have made that change, where
do I go now to stop DPMS being used.

Thanks in advance for any pointers toward the file I need to look at.

Nigel.