Re: image viewer with email support

On Sat, Jun 16, 2007 at 09:08:09AM -0400, Kevin Coyner wrote:

> Does anyone know of a Debian package for an image viewer program
> that has e-mail support?
>
> In other words, while viewing images, I could select an image and
> send it via e-mail to a friend. Obviously there would have to be
> settings for size and e-mail client in a config file.

I've never tried, but with the KDE apps, each object's menu has an
'actions' sub-menu and an 'open with'.  I wonder if you could tweak
either of those to do what you want.  You may want to check ou digiKam.

I haven't done drag-and-drop since OS/2 but I wonder if you can drag the
image out of a file manager and drop it on your email client.

The first is related to the individual software, the latter is probably
dependant on which (if any) desktop environment you are using; its
beyond a simple window manager.

Doug.