Re: cron chgrp woody

On 12.06.07 15:29, Chris Robinson wrote:
> I am trying to run the folloing in woody using cron so my cron

(upgrade asap)

> 2,12,22,32,42,52 * * * * /path to macro
>
> #!/bin/sh
> #
> #
> chgrp -R nogroup /usr/local/apache2/www/foodmanagementsystems.com/gary

this is not a macro, this is a script. And it's so easy that you can put
those commands to crontab and skip using the script.

> I can not find a log.  The macro does not work via cron.  The macro runs
> if I run it as root.

maybe you should run it from root's crontab. Or from crontab of a user that
has right to change group of files in that directory (=owner of those
files) and belongs to the group "nogroup".

Do you run it from your own crontab?

Spam is for losers who can't get business any other way.