Re: image viewer with email support

On Saturday 16 June 2007 9:24 am, Douglas Allan Tutty wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 16, 2007 at 09:08:09AM -0400, Kevin Coyner wrote:
> > Does anyone know of a Debian package for an image viewer program
> > that has e-mail support?
> >
> > In other words, while viewing images, I could select an image and
> > send it via e-mail to a friend. Obviously there would have to be
> > settings for size and e-mail client in a config file.
>
> I've never tried, but with the KDE apps, each object's menu has an
> 'actions' sub-menu and an 'open with'.  I wonder if you could tweak
> either of those to do what you want.  You may want to check ou digiKam.
>
> I haven't done drag-and-drop since OS/2 but I wonder if you can drag the
> image out of a file manager and drop it on your email client.
>
> The first is related to the individual software, the latter is probably
> dependant on which (if any) desktop environment you are using; its
> beyond a simple window manager.
>
> Doug.

Correct, that could be done. However, it is easier to simply click Location,
Send File from within Konqueror, which, in file manager mode, can use large
or small thumbnails of images, and works very well with the Gwenview
plugin/application.

I think F-spot, the photo manager for Gnome, has this functionality, but I do
not have it installed so I cannot confirm.

Picasa syncs with Gmail pretty easily, if you 1) use gmail and 2) don't mind
using closed source Picasa via Wine.

--
Matthew K Poer <matthewpoer@gmail.com>
Location: GA, USA              Web: http://matthewpoer.freehostia.com