Re: A question about memory usage

http://lwn.net/Articles/230975/

its not the article I was looking for (which actually shows you how to
do the calculations...), but its pretty cool

As I recall, there was a utility somewhat like vmstat(1)  but unique in that it could  crawl through
the system and  find out all the different regions occupied by various processes and dump the result
out. I remember playing with it once or twice but didn't keep it around because it takes a rather long
time to run on a slow system. Pity, because it seems to fit the bill - I just can't seem to remember the name of the tool (it's not a "standard" utility in that sense).