Re: Aptitude remembers CD-ROMs under Etch

On Tue, Jun 12, 2007 at 09:04:56PM -0500, Mumia W <mumia.w.18.spam@earthlink.net> was heard to say:
> However, aptitude just won't forget about the original
> CD-ROMs. This is my current sources.list:
>
> ------------/etc/apt/sources.list-----------------
> #
>
> #### Security Updates
> deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 4.0 r0 _Etch_ - Official i386 CD Binary-2 20070407-11:55]/ etch main
> deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 4.0 r0 _Etch_ - Official i386 CD Binary-1 20070407-11:55]/ etch contrib main

  Not to harp on the obvious, but aptitude will try to install from
cdroms as long as they're in /etc/apt/sources.list.

> Evidently, aptitide and apt-cdrom are keeping some information
> about those CD-ROMs somewhere on disk, but I don't know where,
> and apt-cdrom doesn't have --clear-caches option. What can I do
> to get aptitude and apt-cdrom to forget about the original CD
> disks?

  Delete the cdrom lines from /etc/apt/sources.list.  If you want to
loop-mount the CDs, you should be able to add file URLs pointing at
them.

  Daniel