Re: [SOLVED] Re: Can you connect to a MySQL database on a server from a workstation?

Well I found the answer to this finally.  It appears that in MySQL's
config file there is a line bind-address 127.0.0.1.  Well I wanted it to
be bound to more than one address, but it doesn't appear that you can do
that. (If someone knows how, please let me know. :) ).  So I just
commented out that particular line and all is working as planned.

Well, usually you bind to 0.0.0.0 meaning all interfaces or specific
one (i.e. 192.168.0.5). 127.0.0.1 is on loopback interface, so you are
able to access it only from localhost.

Regards,
Atis