[ETCH - AMD64] Problem: No NIC on Gigabyte GA-M61VME-S2

Hi

I am trying to install DEBIAN ETCH on to a GA-M61VME-S2 based machine, the NIC uses the RTL8201 chipset.

I have used both the AMD64 & i386 images and have the same problem...

The install process finds all hardware, including the SATA drive, expect the MOBO NIC.

I understand that in the kernel source (2.6.17.11) the RTL8201 is cited in the code for the sis900 modules.
I have tried 'modprobe sis900', appears to return the correct values but it's still not working.

I have search forums and googled the problem, but to date have found no solution.

I am aware that I can install a separate NIC but would prefer using the onboard.

An help would be appreciated.

Nick