Re: Problem installing Wine

On Tue, 2007-06-12 at 12:54 +0200, Udo Klein wrote:
Dear all,

I've tried unsuccessfully to install wine. I've included the result of
doing "aptitude install wine". I'd be very thankful for your help.

Udo
Hi Udo,

I am using latest wine(0.9.38) from Winehq. It installed perfectly. And it is running well in my Etch-box.
try this:

First, open a terminal window. Then add the repository's key to your system's list of trusted APT keys:

wget -q http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/apt/387EE263.gpg -O- | sudo apt-key add -

Now, add the repository to your system's list of APT sources:

sudo wget http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/apt/sources.list.d/etch.list -O /etc/apt/sources.list.d/winehq.list

Now, just run sudo apt-get update and then sudo apt-get install wine
you'll have latest version of Wine. It did works for me well.

--
Arijit Sarkar
Kolkata, India

Evolution on Debian testing