Re: burning a CD for distro from an archived iso file...

Michael Fothergill escribió:
OK, I went in the /tmp area and to my pleasure I found the unmessed with iso file. So I dumped it in the CD burner and now I have the CD I need. I have moved the iso file to my/home directory in case I find there are errors in the CD I burned when I come to install the OS..... In Debian Etch installations I run the installer and check the integrity of each CD before I install with them. There are some MD5sum things in the repository but I am not sure how to use them to check the integrity of the CD I burnt.

Maybe the new distro has been modified enough so it will properly check the integrity of the CD itself. I will try it....

Now I can delete all these silly files created by this silly archive software that nobody knows what to do with anyway....

Thanks

Regards

Michael Fothergill

The md5 files are to check the integrity of the downloaded ISO:

$> md5sum <filename>

It will take some time to check... the hash must be equal on both ends :-)

--
.---------------------------------------------------------------------.
| Miguel J. Jiménez                                                   |
| Programador Senior                                                  |
| Área de Internet/XSL/PHP                                            |
| migueljose.jimenez@isotrol.com                                      |
:---------------------------------------------------------------------:
| ISOTROL, S.A.                                                       |
| Edificio BLUENET, Avda. Isaac Newton nº3, 4ª planta.                |
| Parque Tecnológico Cartuja '93, 41092 Sevilla (ESP).                |
| Teléfono: +34 955 036 800 - Fax: +34 955 036 849                    |
| http://www.isotrol.com                                              |
:---------------------------------------------------------------------:
| "Aquellos que mueran mañana serán los que hayan sobrevivido hoy."   |
| Dusty Attenborough, La Leyenda de los Heroes de la Galaxia          |
'---------------------------------------------------------------------'

begin:vcard
fn;quoted-printable:Miguel J. Jim=C3=A9nez Jim=C3=A9nez
n;quoted-printable:Jim=C3=A9nez Jim=C3=A9nez;Miguel J.
org:ISOTROL, S.A.;XSL / PHP
adr;quoted-printable;quoted-printable;quoted-printable:Parque Tecnol=C3=B3gico Cartuja 93;;C/ Isaac Newton 3, 4=C2=AA;Sevilla;Sevilla;41092;Espa=C3=B1a
email;internet:mjjimenez@isotrol.com
title:Programador Senior
tel;work:+34 955 036 800 (ext. 1805)
tel;fax:+34 955 036 849