Re: IceWeasel crash my debian laptop

On 6/12/07, Roberto C. Sánchez <roberto@connexer.com> wrote:
On Mon, Jun 11, 2007 at 08:51:32PM -0700, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:

> and don't take this the wrong way, but maybe you should build your app
> so you can't select columns that dont exist?

Perhaps he should consider switching to a database that just returns an
error on a non-existent column, rather than making the system unusable.

> I know that's a work-around to what may be some other problem, but
> seems reasonable to me.

Doesn't seem reasonable to me.  That is extremely bad behavior for a
database.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sánchez
http://people.connexer.com/~roberto

> does this problem occur with other browsers such as
> konquerer? how about with another gecko based browser (iceape?)?
i only have iceweasel installed. i do not try with other browser yet..

> and don't take this the wrong way, but maybe you should build your app
> so you can't select columns that dont exist?

it is my testing laptop and not my real production server.
I made a typing mistake sometimes (forget column is common as i have many database table in my database)..

> Also, what about strace'ing your firefox session to see what its
> doing?
can you tell me how to stracing firefox session?

> how quickly does it take over? maybe keep a VT logged in for that
> quick switchaway and kill ...

in a few minutes 5, 6 ... i try to record the time when i came home tonight. by tommorow, send you result.
what is VT log?

I can successfully replicate this 100%.. I just wonder if it is because of the sessions. It share connection with my application.
i still figure out how to workaround this one..