Re: IceWeasel crash my debian laptop

On Tue, Jun 12, 2007 at 09:47:09AM +0800, jeffry s wrote:
> i am using my laptop with PHP 4+ and mysql 5+, everything start to be weird
> after i implement my costume sessions (storing in database).
> i only use one database connection for the whole website.
> what i mean is, the session and every query connect to mysqlserver using the
> same user.
>
> I am not sure if it is because of the sessions. but it happen after i use
> costume sessions.
>
> if i make a SQL query with non existant column name eg: noe
>
> SELECT * FROM test WHERE noe=1;
>
> Suddenly, if i use top to monitor process on my laptop i saw the processor
> usage for the mysqld and firefox-bin(iceweasel) increasing.
> Icewasel will continue to consume processor usage to 100% and memory up to
> 80% all the time.

I can't really answer the db questions, but from a troubleshooting
point of view... does this problem occur with other browsers such as
konquerer? how about with another gecko based browser (iceape?)?

and don't take this the wrong way, but maybe you should build your app
so you can't select columns that dont exist?

I know that's a work-around to what may be some other problem, but
seems reasonable to me.

Also, what about strace'ing your firefox session to see what its
doing? maybe the problem is not in the browser, but in the webserver
spitting out more and more stuff to the browser as a result of a bad
query.

> Worst still, the mouse, keyboard do not work anymore. My laptop very-very
> slow until i cannot move my mouse cursor at all..

how quickly does it take over? maybe keep a VT logged in for that
quick switchaway and kill ...

hth