Re: reorder files with a mouse in a file browser and rename them

On 06/10/07 09:28, H.S. wrote:
Ron Johnson wrote:
On 06/09/07 23:29, H.S. wrote:
[snip]

Last time I checked, it did not support reordering the files using drag and drop. It only supported up and down arrow keys; which can be quite a drag if I have many files!

Just out of curiosity: what is the "root problem" you are trying to solve? Get them in date-order, maybe?

Yes, to get the proper time-line. These are many image files which were scanned from negatives but not in proper order.

The way that I would do it is:
As you view an image in one window, use exiv2 in another window to add (or change) the exif timestamp.

(Then, after doing that to all the files, I would use exiv2 to rename them based upon the timestamp. But that's just me.)

I don't know is MS Windows "resets" the file order when you log off or change directories thus forcing you not to be able to do anything else in Explorer until you complete that task, but the method I propose definitely does not force you to keep that window open the whole time.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA