Re: reorder files with a mouse in a file browser and rename them

On June 9, 2007 12:47:46 am H.S. wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This may be a little odd question. Can any of the file browsers
> (konqueror, nautilus) let a user reorder the files in a folder by
> dragging them to a certain position and then to rename the ordered files
> automatically with a file pattern?
>
> This problem arose because I have a few hundred of images which are
> jumbled up in time order. I have seen a friend do something similar in
> XP's Windows Explorer. I am hoping it can be done in Linux too in some
> way: order the image files by dragging them to their position in the
> file browser and to run a script on the newly ordered files to rename
> them numerically in that order.

You might want to check krename you can select the files in konqueror right
click and under the actions menu use krename, it allows for regular
expressions when doing the renaming depending on how the files are now named
I'm not sure if it will totally do what you want but it is worth a try.

> thanks,
> ->HS

Your welcome,

Stephen