Re: reorder files with a mouse in a file browser and rename them

Joe wrote:

Both Nautilus and Konqueror do it exactly the same way as Windows
Explorer, click once in a heading to sort by that heading, click again
to reverse the sort. The heading will show a small arrow pointing up
or down according to the sort direction. You do need to use list view,
rather than the icon view.

Perhaps you misunderstood. I do not want a global reordering, I just want to place individual files at certain positions and then rename them in that new order. For example, say I have:
file1.jpg
file2.jpg
file3.jpg

and I wish to have the following order
file2.jpg
file3.jpg
file1.jpg

I am looking for a method to drag and move file1.jpg to the bottom of the list and then to rename them based on a file pattern to get
001_file2.jpg
002_file3.jpg
003_file1.jpg

Only that I do not have only three files, a few hundred of them.

->HS