Re: reorder files with a mouse in a file browser and rename them

H.S. wrote:
Mathias Brodala wrote:
Hi.

H.S., 09.06.2007 05:47:
This may be a little odd question. Can any of the file browsers
(konqueror, nautilus) let a user reorder the files in a folder by
dragging them to a certain position and then to rename the ordered files
automatically with a file pattern?

Thunar can: "thunar --bulk-rename".

Regards, Mathias

Can I fix the files' order using a mouse? I just tried but couldn't. So haven't given a shot to the bulk rename either yet. Or maybe I am just missing something.

Both Nautilus and Konqueror do it exactly the same way as Windows
Explorer, click once in a heading to sort by that heading, click again
to reverse the sort. The heading will show a small arrow pointing up
or down according to the sort direction. You do need to use list view,
rather than the icon view.