Re: I want to install lenny from scratch

Douglas Allan Tutty wrote:

> In testing, things break and then it takes a few days (10 or so?) for
> any fix added to sid to percolate down to lenny.

That depends on the severity of the breakage. Packages can be uploaded with
three urgency levels: low, medium and high. low (the default) takes 10 days
to migrate to testing. medium takes 5, and high takes 2. However, these
later urgencies are used only for fixing Release Critical bugs (medium) or
security bugs (high), and these tend to be rare (since both kind of bugs
are usually caught in unstable).

Of course, that is only a general rule of thumb. YMMV.

--

  Felipe Sateler