Re: Cron job not cooperating

Tom Scrape wrote:
> Is there a location (eg. log file) where run-parts activity can be found?  Or is
> it rather just hit-and-miss debugging when trying to figure out a problem?

Output is normally not generated.  It's only generated in case of an
error.  Since it is executed by cron (<== /etc/crontab) it would be
sent to the account denoted by MAILTO= in said file.  If you haven't
changed anything that'll be the root account whose mail is probably
forwarded to your user account or something.

> For reference, the problem is fixed thanks to the previous suggestion, but I'm
> curious now as to the mechanisms behind this.  Man pages enough?

man cron, man crontab, man run-parts, Debian tutorial.

Regards,

	Joey

--
GNU does not eliminate all the world's problems, only some of them.
                                                -- The GNU Manifesto