Re: I want to install lenny from scratch

On Wed, 2007-06-06 at 12:32 -0400, Andrew J. Barr wrote:

> On Thu, 07 Jun 2007 03:10:15 +0530
> arijit <arijit.2612@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I am sorry for the email-problem. I just hit 'reply' in evolution and
> > sent it. Now I've become more cautious.
>
> Use 'Reply to all'.

In Evolution, it would be better to use "Reply to List" (Ctrl+L) than
"Reply to All" (Shift+Ctrl+R).  The former will send the reply to the
debian-user list.  The latter will send the reply to all addresses
listed in the "from," "to," "cc," and "Reply-to" fields of the message
to which you're replying.  *Most* people here prefer not to receive
replies off-list, because they get them on the list, and the rule of
thumb is to ask for a reply off-list if you're not subscribed.

In this case, if I'd done "Reply to all," this message would have been
sent to the list, to you separately, and to arijit separately.  As it
is, using Ctrl+L, this message gets sent only to debian-user.

--
Michael M. ++ Portland, OR ++ USA
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions