Re: Etch: No PCMCIA-drivers

On Wednesday 06 June 2007 21:26, Douglas Allan Tutty wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 06, 2007 at 08:18:28PM +0200, Theodor van Nahl wrote:
> > I had installed etch with the net-boot-files on my laptop. The
> > installation runs over the "low memory"-function.  On the first boot
> > of my new etch on kernel 2.6.18-4-486 , i have to realise that there
> > are no pcmcia-drivers installed on the system. The laptop is an
> > Toshiba Portegé 3010ct without cd-rom-device. How can i install the
> > pcmcia-drivers with the installation? Or better: how can i install the
> > drivers on my running but very small system?

First, make sure that pcmciautils is installed.

Some older laptops have issues with new kernels (2.6.8 and up i believe). Try
the boot parameter "acpi=off". This is an odd bug that definitely applies to
IBM Thinkpad 600s. Avoid it alltogether by going back to Sarge and a 2.4
kernel.

--
Matthew K Poer <matthewpoer@gmail.com>
Location: GA, USA              Web: http://matthewpoer.freehostia.com