Re: problem [getting iso to boot]

On Wed, Jun 06, 2007 at 08:45:39PM +0200, walter wrote:
[snip summary of frustration with downloading, burning, and installing
from CD.  Asserts knowledge and experience of doing it with other
distros.]

To summarize then, you have a netinst.iso or bin1.iso that you have
verified with md5sum.  This would then prove that there's nothing wrong
at debian's end re servers and iso integrity if they are real debian
isos.

>From what URL did you retreive them?

You have burned this to CDROM.

Did your burning software verify the burn?
Use your burning software to make an iso of the burned CD.  Check the
md5sum of that iso; it should match.

Assuming then that you have a verified true burned netinst or binary-1
CD.

Have you read the installation manual?

Assuming that your box will boot from CD.

Put the CD in the drive.  Turn on the box.

What happens?

What do you see?

What error messages do you get?

You could format this as an installation report (see the section in the
installation manual) which would guide you as to what info to send.

We here at debian-user are happy to help but installation reports end up
going to the debian-boot mailing list which I would suggest you also
subscribe to until this is resolved.

Good luck.

Doug.