Help with Apache2 and libapache2_mod_auth_pgsql

Ok,

So I went ahead and installed the pgsql stuff that was recommended from another thread. I am having issues with the authentication process now and I was wondering if there is anyway to debug the process to figure out where the error is occurring? How does one read the error logs for apache2? I have tried opening them in Kedit and it doesn't seem to work.

I do have a logging table setup in my database and I have the logging information added to my configuration file of apache2, but nothing seems to be getting written into that table. So I can't yet get anything useful from there.

Thanks,
-Eric