Re: MySQL 4.0 (sarge) --> MySQL 5.0 (etch) -- Please do "REPAIR TABLE"

Jarek Buczyński wrote this at Thu, Jun 07, 2007 at 12:32:05AM +0200
> > I suposse you will need to do inside the mysql client console:
> > mysql> USE <database>;
> > mysql> REPAIR TABLE <table>;
> Thanks for replay. I understand if I would have one or two databases, but I
> have o lot of databases with a lot of tables it is impossible do this in way
> you show.

Excuse me for being so frank, but what is it with the above scenario
that's impossible? Some times, you actually have to do a bit of dirty
work yourself. You have to do things manually, you just can't sit on
your arse awaiting that things will do itself. So what, you have to do
it manually on every table on every database that you have. So what! No
one ever said that being a system administrator was an easy job. Get
over it!

--
Yours sincerely Jostein Elvaker Haande
"A free society is a place where it is safe to be unpopular"

Web: http://tolecnal.net - Mail: tolecnal <a> tolecnal <dot> net