Re: partition table type

On 06/06/2007 01:01 PM, Mike McCarty wrote:
[...]
The BIOS has nothing to do with disc partitions. The BIOS works either
at an absolute physical level using geometric address: cylinder, head,
sector, or at a logical physical level (LBA) using logical sector
number. It has no other conception of the disc.
[...]

It depends on the BIOS. I recently upgraded the BIOS on my father's computer, and I discovered that the new BIOS provided the option of partitioning the hard disk--but it only does MSDOS-type partitions.