Re: Browsers can connect but Konqueror not (Was: What is ASSERT: "!icon.isEmpty()" ?)

On Wed, Jun 06, 2007 at 11:27:10AM +0200, Bruno Costacurta wrote:
> > > Internet browsing works only with the new account.
> > > But I can browse local directories on both configurations.
> > > So apparently something is corrupted in .kde directory...?
> >
> > Search through ~/.kde/share/apps/konqueror/ and
> > ~/.kde/share/config/konquerorrc trying to find anything that looks
> > clearly wrong.
> >
> > I might just backup ~/.kde/ to a temporary location and blow away those
> > configuration directories and files, but you should try the more
> > conservative approach first.
>
> I moved .kde to .kde_backup, restart Konqueror but had same problem !?!
>
> I'll make closer comparison between fresh new working user versus non-working
> user on the files mentioned by Mumia just here before and keep you in touch
> later today (I'm not on my Debian machine yet).

Look for differences between all the startup files of both users:
.bashrc, .bash_profile, .bash_aliases, .X*, .x*.  Also, try clearing out
stuff in /var/tmp/kdecache-user.

Justin case KDE is being sneaky, rename that .kde_backup to badkde.

I don't know what WM/DTE you're using, but try logging out, having root
move/rename the .kde stuff, then log back in.

Doug.