Re: Browsers can connect but Konqueror not (Was: What is ASSERT: "!icon.isEmpty()" ?)

On 06/05/2007 09:43 PM, Bruno Costacurta wrote:
On Wednesday 06 June 2007 01:04, Mumia W.. wrote:

Create a new user account and test konqueror. Perhaps something in your
~/.kde/ configuration directory has become corrupted.

Also tell us if you can use konqueror as a file manager to browse local
directories--in both the old and new accounts.

Internet browsing works only with the new account.
But I can browse local directories on both configurations.
So apparently something is corrupted in .kde directory...?

Search through ~/.kde/share/apps/konqueror/ and ~/.kde/share/config/konquerorrc trying to find anything that looks clearly wrong.

I might just backup ~/.kde/ to a temporary location and blow away those configuration directories and files, but you should try the more conservative approach first.

BTW, are you subscribed to debian-user? If so, I'll stop CC'ing you.