Re: Hawking WE120P, 11M wireless card

Easthope wrote:
> Debian Users,
>
> I have a Hawking WE120P, 11M wireless card in a
> Toshiba 4000CDS with Etch and kernel 2.6.18-4-686.
>
> I've read the pcmcia page on http://www.kernel.org/
> and the howto it cites.  The latest pcmciautils is
> installed and still the card doesn't work.  lspci
> reports it but no interface is created.

First, you need to know the chipset. It seems that the WE120P uses the admTek
chipset and needs the adm8211 driver [1].

It seems that the adm8211-source package is no longer distributed in Debian, so
you cannot use module-assistant. However, the upstream source is available [2].
There are various HOWTOs to help you build and install kernel modules - Google
turns up a couple [3] [4] that might get you started.

[1] http://linux-wless.passys.nl/query_part.php?brandname=Hawking+Tech
[2] http://aluminum.sourmilk.net/adm8211/
[3] http://www.cinlug.org/files/education/debian_kernel_modules.html
[4]