Re: Questions regarding apache2 authentication using either Pam or MySQL

On Tue, 2007-06-05 at 18:10 -0400, Eric A. Bonney wrote:
> I would like to create a directory on my web server that is password
> protected.  My initial stab at doing this was done using php
> authentication and a MySQL database.  It seems to be working just fine,
> but I got to thinking that there must be an easier method to do this
> that could be built into the server with a module.  So after some
> research I found the libapache2-mod-auth-mysql and
> libapache2-mod-auth-pam packages for Debian.

Is basic authentication out of the question?

          <Location /foo/bar>
            AuthType Basic
            AuthName "Type, friend, and enter."
            AuthUserFile /etc/apache2/auth/somesite.passwd
          </Location>

-davidc

--
gpg-key: http://www.zettazebra.com/files/key.gpg