Re: Questions regarding apache2 authentication using either Pam or MySQL

On 06/05/2007 05:10 PM, Eric A. Bonney wrote:
[...]
I would much prefer to use the MySQL method and I would really prefer to have the authentication required at the server level and not in some php files. Anyone have any ideas at this point for using the libapache2-mod-auth-mysql package? Is it possible to get the source and compile this for my system directly?

Thanks,
-Eric

Yes, the source is available from the Sarge and Sid repositories. If you place suitable "deb-src" lines in your /etc/apt/sources.list, you can download the source this way:

apt-get source libapache2-mod-auth-mysql

That should unpack the source in a directory under the current directory and apply the standard Debian patch to it. You should then go into that directory and read the README, INSTALL and "./configure --help" data to find out how to configure and install your new Apache module.

However, you'll probably need to get the build dependencies before you build the module, and that can be trickier. Presumably, this should do it:

apt-get build-dep libapache2-mod-auth-mysql

I hope this helps you.