Re: Upgrade from Sarge to Etch problems

Hello again,

I've managed to fix most of the problems, it seems there was some trouble with some packages that were installed (like fglrx-driver and nspluginwrapper) that
had some dependency conflicts that prevented gdm and some other programs to work correctly (I was in the middle of the upgrade). The minimal install comment
was from the release notes, they call one of the steps that way, it was an upgrade. The problem I have now is with eth0 and eth1. There was only one eth (eth0) before
the upgrade. I read the part that said that udev could rename the interfaces, but the fact is that I don't recall reading anything about adding a new interface, so I'm looking
into it.

With the Network Connection applet there is another issue: it says SIOCGIFFLAGS error: No such device (I'm not really sure what device it's talking about anyway)
and it mentions contacting my system administrator (read: me).

Doug:

I don't really understand what you mean when you talk about reconfiguring debconf (if by that you mean #dpkg-reconfigure debconf) and using redline or
what you said about a serial console (if you could elaborate I'd be very grateful).

Thanks

--
Luis
"All science is either physics or stamp collecting." - Ernest Rutherford