Re: grub

On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 01:42:19PM +0000, bobsetch@comcast.net wrote:
> I'm still a linux newbie and I've gone from bad to worst. I used to
> have a working etch system but in an attempt to get my printer working
> I reinstalled etch several times and when it reboots it comes up in
> grub instead of the gnome desktop. Any ideas out there?

Hi Bob,

FYI, you need to wrap your lines at about 72 rather than send one long
line.

--

I'm not sure what you mean "comes up in grub".  Grub is a boot loader
that should present you with a menu with a default boot that will

If you don't get a gnome desktop you are probably getting a regular
login prompt.

Please post exactly what you see on the screen that you are calling
"comes up in grub".

Also, for further reference, you don't have to reinstall just to get
printing working.

Doug.